License Request Management for worldwide products (IP and Software) within corporate agreements for supplier products in the name of all decentralized corporate divisions aims at saving designer’s time thus increasing their productivity as well as controlling budget and license costs.
Directly connected to the External Supplier catalogs, license requests are controlled by managers through license request panels and the workflow of approvals is optimized across the corporation. The status of licenses requests and licenses running all over the geographical centers is displayed at the management levels and cost saving by license sharing becomes straightforward. Ordering a set of products is handled as a hierarchical set of license requests (IP and software) and follows the same workflow than basic licenses.
- D&R announced the latest version of its "IP Procurement Manager", part of the Design & Reuse IPMS™ Enterprise platform
- D&R extends capabilities of its Global corporate IP Management System (IPMS) with "Intelligent Advisers"
- Discover the latest version of D&R Next Generation Configurable Enterprise Platform
- D&R integrates IP and Software License Administration in its Enterprise Management Platform and includes a FLEXlm Front End for Software License Monitoring
Software License Management Enterprise Platform
Managing global and local resources in a large company can be a headache when based on individually managed spreadsheets. Having fully integrated data in a web based tool is the only way that makes sense today.
D&R Enterprise platform is a new generation management platform based on powerful innovation and has proven amazing efficiency for managing in a large corporation not only IPs but today software licensing across multiple sites.
By connecting and keeping in Sync such items as user groups, their SW configurations and costs, SW feature names, and their license servers opens the door to being able to make costs saving decisions.
It includes a monitoring layer reporting on License Feature usage per customizable period (average, peak, denied access, etc.). But it is more than just monitoring... Incorporating these data in a global administration portal gives the required global view for optimizing License Management and allowing for cost saving decisions.
Software License Management
In large companies it is a challenge to centrally manage dozens of tools at dozens of user sites and cost centers. D&R platform adds to an efficient corporate Ecosystem description: machines, users groups, SW products, business unit cost, etc. the relevant interconnected web views.
The platform offers as an option an innovative interactive license granting strategy based on BU/Cost units requests optimized through managers final decisions. It is organized around:
- License panels listing the license status for all tool/features, for all machines and all sites with a simple and direct access to available FlexLM reporting tools (license monitor layer)
- License assignment optimization (remix) supported for all license types based on several criteria (cost reduction change in needs, etc.). Innovative NNU groups control commands enhance the power of the Remix procedure
- Automated online renewal procedures (online license request, automated roll up of requests, quote generation per site or BU
- Centralized finance reporting and more...
"Managing IP and Softwares concurrently on the same Enterprise management platform is just obvious. The infrastructure is the base value... The power is extended by increasing the various views (design view, procurement view, etc.) and by efficient point tools (License monitoring, royalty calculation engine, etc.)"
- Gabrièle Saucier, CEO, D&R
"Having fully integrated data that can be queried or acted-on immediately and accessed by participants around the globe is needed in today's world. The possibilities to automate many functions abound. Expanding the base platform from tools management to include IP management has recently been accomplished, but we may not stop there"
- Anthony Noto, HW/SW Program Manager, Alcatel-Lucent
A centralized Product Catalog serving the needs of Engineering, Marketing and Sales that allows you to support
- Various types of products (IP, models, software, mechanical parts...) that can be internal products or externally outsourced from several vendors.
- Specific views dedicated to class of users
- A rich set of features ranging from attribute, parametric library of units images, hyperlink , link to product directory ...
- Product hierarchy and versioning representation
- Links to life cycle product dash boards for any required features (bugs, delivery, licensing etc...)
- The product Catalog engine is the key component of the D&R product Management platform, providing support over the entire life cycle of the product in your Catalog and advanced Administration features :
- Catalog Generator based on a library of XML formats with an extensible and unlimited set of field types (parametric attributes, images, hyperlink...)
- Modifiable formatting at any time without loosing data
- Multi-view catalog for group of users
- Supports product version history with links to revision control system
- Sophisticated Access Management
- Help Desk and Quality and Maturity metrics
- Import/Export features over firewall
- Connection to life cycle dashboards or management panels covering bugs, licensing, delivery, contracting and finance
- How to promote internal IP Reuse by creating a centralized IP repository for decentralized teams using different revision control systems?
- IP Packaging and IP repository management are a part of the D&R IP Management Platform. Our IP Repository stores IPs under revision control. IP Packaging system provides bridging interfaces to designers native revision control system.
- Does the platform propose best design practices in place?
- IP Packaging interface communicates and enforces Best practices.
- To Create web product catalogs and Open a secure web space for delivering IPs to your client
- To be able to see at a glance which IP from your product catalog have been released on a particular process node, and which clients they have been delivered to...
- Bridge to your client database
- Easy to create evolving Web-based IP product catalogs
To record your delivery all you need to do is declare a new "IP Shelf Delivery Release" (shipped IP revision)
- IP Shelf Release panels
- Product (multi IPs) Shelf Release panel
- Client delivery panels
containing your management data easily accessible in the product web catalog for your sales team.
- To monitor and control IP license requests
- To determine which external IP licenses are running on which machines
- To maintain up to date external IP supplier listings
- External IP management featuresallow you to:
- Track and manage External IP licenserequests and usage
- Track contract status and finance data through "triggers" from your sourcing and finance databases
- Be alerted whenever a license should be renewed
- An open platform integrating IP from multiple vendors
- A standardized IP Generator for IP sourced from multiplevendors
- Customizable multi-vendor IP management system
- Directly support license workflow with each vendor
- Standardized External IP Entry
- Integrated IP Design Flow